Bought an NAD 3020. Question for the experts here!

So I purchased my first piece of vintage equipment.  Here is my question... do I leave the amp on all the time to keep warm for listening or do I turn on/off as I listen to it?

Thank you for your input.
34dean

Showing 2 responses by mitch2

If it is the original edition then that is an old amp!  I own the 3040 of the same vintage and use it in my garage to power outdoor speakers.  Mine has never needed repair in the 35 years I have owned it and it survives 90+ degree heat in the summer and freezing temperatures in the winter.  I try and turn it on/off when using/not using it but sometimes leave it on for a couple of days unintentionally.

I can provide two observations, first, my amp has handled many, many on/off cycles without fail and, second, a 35-year old amp can fail at any time.  One last thing, because it does get slightly warm and because it is so old, I would probably opt for turning on/off. 
34dean,
Can you send me a PM with the name of the service center or tech that performs restoration and recapping services on NAD gear?  I own the 3040 as well as a 2150 and may wish to have them updated in the future.  Thanks.