Boston Acoustics and Snell bought by D&M Holdings

D&M Holdings which owns Denon, Marantz, McIntosh to name a few now will own Boston Acoustics and Snell. When does this company buyout trend end and what does it mean to the audio industry? With one company having controlling interest in so many well known and respected audio manufactures, can we expect a convergience of technology? Would that mean that the high end lowers it's quality and becomes part of a corporate average? What will happen to for example McIntosh will it's resale fall more in line with Denon or Marantz, or will it hold it's own? What do you fellow AG'ers think?
128x128theo

Showing 1 response by mark02131

Sense D&M is a holding company, I don't think they have any interest in merging the companies or even lowering the standards of companies. I am glad McIntosh is no longer owned my Clarion. What I have seen in the last year at McIntosh is that they have not lowered there standard but raised it. I don't know if you have seen the pic's from CES 2005 ? but McIntosh has "raised the bar" on high end with there 3 box 2Kw Amps, A line of speakers that can handle them and the "out of this world" C1000 Preamp. I will be very surprised if it is not rated the "best preamp in the world" I don't think McIntosh would have been able to do this under Clarion. It does seem that D&M holdings is very interested in high end audio and is trying to make it a big piece of it's portfolio.

Mark