bose 801 speakers

hi everyone, any thoughts of this speaker?
128x128g_nakamoto
Good for PA use, especially stacked! Don't forget to use a good 1000 watt class D amp!
You've asked a number of questions about Bose speakers. You must be able to find something better to use with that beautiful Mac amp you own.
Does Bose make an 801 model? I had 901 Series 3 in college and for several years after and really enjoyed them. I moved to another brand and then another until landing with Thiels, but will always remember the 901s fondly.

Dave
Post removed 
hey roxy, i'm not an audiophile. i don't know too much about good equipment. i bought my equipment back in the early 70's. i only knew the run of the mill names, not the one's i read here on audio gon forum. only reason i have that mc602 is because my son gave it to me.
A great son indeed. There are so many excellent used speakers on this site for modest cost, and that amp would get the most out of any speaker. Start a thread asking for speaker suggestions in your chosen price range. 
hi roxy, since i'm retired and on a fixed income i don't really have funds to purchase any other speakers. i still have my bose 901 series 2 and with all that power i'm sattisfied with their sound. like i said before i don't know what i'm missing if i never heard it. my son doe's have some klipsh speakers that maybe one day he will give them to me but he lives in hawaii now!
A pair of 901s, set up properly ( hung from the ceiling ), with a solid and smooth back wall, with excellent gear feeding them ( such as the Mac the OP uses, and good interconnects to and from the EQ ), will surprise many listeners. Their presentation can be fine tuned for the listener based on the distance selected to the back wall they reflect off of. Under 2K, they can be enjoyable. I sold many and installed many ( owned a few sets myself )........During a Bose presentation at a N.Y. hotel back in the day, I was part of a test by the Bose sales staff. We took a heavy duty 12 gauge extension cord, connected the open leads ( cut off the female plug ) to the terminals of a 901 ( if I remember, the series 2 ), and plugged the other end into an electrical outlet where the crown amp was plugged into, and showed how indestructible the speaker was. Of course, no crossover, but still.........quite impressive. Thanks for reading. Enjoy ! MrD.
Years ago, I had Bose 601’s. I bought some "Audiophile approved" speakers and gave the 601’s to my Brother, along with a Pioneer receiver, and a CD player. Mainly because he is too cheap to buy anything, but enjoys listening to Tom Waits, and lots of Modern Country. Everytime I go to see him, and he wants me to listen to his Tom Waits cd's, (who I still just don't get), I am always suprised how good it sounds. I am not one who piles on about Bose. I have heard 301, 501,601, Bose speakers that friends have owned over the years, and they are enjoyable to listen to. I would imagine the 801’s sound really good. I am not a fan of class D amps, and would disagree with roberjerman. A nice Yamaha receiver works well with them. If you are watching your money, there are several on the used sites. I have bought them in the past. They hold up well, and sound nice.