Bookshelf Speakers - Musical Fidelity A300 & Rock

Greetings All!

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've got a Musical Fidelity A300 integrated and am looking for some bookshelf speakers for listening to mostly classic rock LP's via a Rega P5 turntable w/ the Rega Exact cartridge.

I've been gradually upgrading my equipment and originally had some Polk RTi-6's, but recently replaced them with the Polk LSi-7's. I like the 7's - the bass and midrange is much better than the RTi-6's, but the top end is just not "there" enough for me.

I know the tweeter is what has been getting such rave reviews on this LSi seires, but it's just too laid back for me and the type of music I listen to I guess. I can see it working great for classical or jazz - but there's just not enough presence in the top end for classic rock if that makes sense.

I've thought about some B&W, Triangles or Paradigms - but am just not sure what would work best with my amp and musical tastes. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
slate1

Showing 2 responses by d_edwards

Nothing Rocks like an ATC SCM-12, if you have a smaller sized room these speakers work well against the wall. In a larger room you can sink the full power of the A300 into these speakers with no worries.

2nd pick would be whatever Dynaudio fits your budget with a 6" woofer, 3rd pick would be at a little higher price range is the Dali Helicon 300, especially with your preference for a vinyl source these speakers could sneak past my previous recs in your system.

Polk, Paradigm, B&W are very good but are not on the level of these lesser known speakers who use much better drivers (woofers/tweeters) and who have as good or better skill in their execution of design.
Then I second the VR-1 suggestion or perfect what you have

Thought you might be looking in the $1500 area.