Bookshelf speakers for near-field (desktop) use

I am looking for a decent pair of new/used bookshelf speakers for near-field / desktop use. I plan to use this with my PC as the source. The speakers would go into a fairly small room but in the future, I may use these as a bedroom setup so it would be nice to have them be capable for both. 

I can power the speakers with either a PS Audio Sprout100, Anthem MRX510 or something I may buy in the future. I don't want to spend a ton on an amp to drive these speakers though. Budget is around $2,000. Just looking for great sound. I'm not a bass head so that's not a huge priority but the fuller the range in sound, the better. 

A few speakers that I have considered are: 

• Buchardt S400 - Are they appropriate for desktop use though? 
  • KEF LS50 Passive - Used I can find one for around $800 or just buy new for ~$1,000
  • KEF LS50 Wireless - Good reviews, but about the same price as the Buchardt's

freesole
@chiptech10 Will see if that is the case when I get the LS50W next week. If it is, I may consider the LSX then. People do seem to be very impressed by them. 
Another option to consider if the KEF's are too big.  Well under your budget and takes the amps out of the equation also. Connect one of the "small" streamers like the Node 2 or Aries Mini or even a Chromecast Audio and you are good to go.  

https://vanatoo.com/shop/speakers/transparent-one-encore/
"I can power the speakers with either a PS Audio Sprout100, Anthem MRX510 or something I may buy in the future."

You might want to sit tight for just a bit. In the near future PS Audio is going to be coming out with a "Sprout speaker." I have been curious myself.

Here is a preview of the concept as seen in this video. https://www.psaudio.com/askpaul/how-many-drivers-should-a-speaker-have/
@genez Yeah I follow PS Audio's instagram and they have shown the enclosure for their smallest floor stander as well. Very interested in what they are going to come out with but should we be a little cautious that they are new to the speaker game? 
Paul McGowan used to be a part of Genesis Speaker company. Arnie Nudell and him were close friends. Arnie was the one who designed the giant famous Infinity IRS speaker system that the editor of Absolute Sound loved. Paul understands speaker construction very well...   Personally,  I have my eye on this Sprout Speaker and am considering them when they come out.