Bookshelf Speakers - $500-$900 range

Just looking for something that can provide a little more clarity and soundstage than my current setup in a medium sized room (!3x17) with high ceiling.. Music preference is rock, hard rock, acoustic music, and female vocals. Will probably be used with a NAD or Rogue integrated. Have the following on my list (new or used as long its within $500-$900 range):

Monitor Audio GX 50
B&W CM1
B&W CM5
Totem Rainmaker
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1
Kef LS50
Sonus Faber Venere 1.5
Focal Aria 905

I know the recommendation will be to listen and compare them but I'm trying to dwindle the list down. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
benfica1

Showing 3 responses by benfica1

Thanks. Read the wharfedale diamond 225 review in Stereophile and I should have listed them too. Just wasn't sure if it stacked up against the other speakers I listed considering it's reasonable price.
Currently have klipsch heresy iii that I enjoy (clean bass and natural mid-range) but are lacking high end frequency extension and soundstage. Not looking to get rid of these just looking to add some bookshelf speakers that I can rotate in and out. I have a Svs sub 1000 sub that I can use.
I believe the rogue Sphinx I have is a hybrid - tube input stage and class d solid stat output stage. The 3 way designs appear to be beyond my price range. Even the KEF LS50 is at the upper range of my limit.