Bookshelf Speaker Recommendations

Hi All!

Longtime lurker here.  I am interested in recommendations for bookshelf speakers in the sub $1500 range.  My current setup:

I have a small, non optimal office/listening room at home.  It is about 12'x8'.  For years I have been running B&W 602's which are hard to beat for the $250 I paid for them.  I am running an Emotive Pre and I have 2 Carver 65x2 amps that I recently had refurbed. They are running the speakers biamped.  These little amps are excellent.  

I recently purchased a pair of B&W CDM1 SE for a steal on Craigslist, and while the treble is more detailed, they don't sound as good overall as the 602's.  I have also tried a new pair of the B&W CM series and there was a very marginal improvement in clarity and image, but not enough to justify the cost difference, so they went back.

I have heard many here recommend the Ascend Sierra 2, which are currently on sale and have a trial period.  I am leaning in this direction.  Before I pull the trigger, I would like to hear the thoughts of people that have heard more speakers than me.  I live in a smaller city and pretty much all of the dealers are gone.  I have heard some Paradigms locally in this price range, but that is about it.

I have done lots of component swapping over the years and what I am running now has beaten the other things.  I am considering upgrading other components too.  I have an opportunity to buy a Parasound A21 for $1300.  it has 5 hours on it and a small blemish.  The only thing holding me back is that it is overkill for my room.  I am also considering upgrading my preamp as well.

I look forward to your suggestions, thanks in advance.

why0why