Bookshelf speaker for an apartment

I rented a 1BR apartment as a 2nd home and want to upgrade my speakers.  I currently am using Totem Mini's through a Denon AVR-X6200.  My speakers in my main system in my home are Sopra 2's.  Due to Covid I am unable to audition speakers but have read good things about the Focal Chora 806, Aria 906 ane the B&W 707.  I would like to keep the budget under $1000 for the pair but go a bit higher for the right speaker.  I welcome suggestions.  Thank you.
selectfpr

@rbstehno
04-19-2020 4:52pm
the focal and b&w’s don’t have any low end. If you like Totem, get a used pair of the Model 1’s or spend a little more and get a used pair of the Hawks or Forests. Then in the future if you want to upgrade your amp, then the totems would even sound better.
re: Totem Model One
Having owned three pairs, both standard and two pairs of Totem Model One Signatures, they truly need a weighty amplifier to perform their absolute best. No whimpy flea-watt triode amps need apply here. Tried it all. Think Big Iron Class-A/AB Solid State or higher power Tube amps. They thrive with high current amplifiers up to 250wpc SS or at least Tube 50w strapped triode or 100w ultralinear tube amplification can sound huge with these compact monitors. Signature version with bi-wire worth the extra $ IMO.
Focal 906s are well over $1K. But the new Chora 706 is not. Also like Revel M-16s. Don’t expect much low end from any mini with a 5” woofer. 6.5” is the minimum unless you are adding a sub.