book speaker against the wall

I am looking at buying bookspeakers for my office. Office size is about 15 by 18 feet, with windows all around. I would like to find speakers that can be placed against the wall, or are made to be placed against the wall, about 5 feet high.
My budget is around $600/700 used.
they will be powered by Yamaha M-60 totaly rebuild, and I will listen to cd/HD music only.
Thank you for your input.
rockanroller

Showing 3 responses by zd542

I used to have a pair of B&W LM-1's that were pretty good. The base could be set in 2 positions. One way was under the speakers, so they could be placed on a table or shelf, or behind the speaker, so it could be mounted on a wall. They also made the same speaker in a flat version that could be hung like a picture on a wall.
"Active nearfield monitors are your best bet."

Why would putting an amplifier inside a speaker make it any better suited to be placed on a bookshelf?
"10-04-15: Bob_reynolds
The majority of active studio monitors have boundary controls which make them well suited to wall or desktop placement."

Can you give me an actual example of a monitor with boundary controls? I have a few pairs of active studio monitors and I don't recall any of them having that feature. Is there another name for it?