Bonnie Raitt / Lyle Lovett Tour

I caught the 2nd show of the Bonnie Raitt and Lyle Lovett tour last night and just wanted to say DONT MISS THIS SHOW!
Lyle and his Large Band sounded great in spite of the fact he is still on crutches. Bonnie was better than ever, her current band Smokes! Highlights for me included the hypnotic cover of David Grays' "Silver Lining", and a song I hoped she would do last night, John Prines' "Angel From Montgomery". Not going to bore you with details, but this might be Bonnie Raitt at her peak, and she has always been great. And when she sings with Lyle its icing.
blkadr

Showing 2 responses by mg123

Yes, I saw Bonnie in May at the Majestic in San Antonio and she was fantastic. She played all her best stuff. I've seen Lyle before live and know he gives a great performance as well. I can imagine that the two together is one not to miss! As much as I have spent in perfecting my Home Theater and hifi, live concerts (if you sit close enough) as still the best.
Bonnie's last live album "Road Tested" is every bit as good as her current tour and is availble in a couple of wonderful formats. It contains most of the songs you heard her do (except her newest album). You can have the it all with the DVD, DD sound and great video. The DTS 5.1 channel surround cd is truly excellent as well.