Boenicke

Hi all
I'm seriously considering purchasing the Boenicke W11 SE+ but I'm unable to demo & only have info from reviews I've read.

Are there any Boenicke owners on here who can provide their opinions...?

Thanks 
Rich

128x128infection
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/boenicke6/1.html

Great review of Boenicke W11’s including comparisons with the W8.

We have here in U.K., W11’s and W5’s on permanent demonstration, used with Mola Mola pre/dac and Mola Mola power amps. Digital sources include the Fidata server.
Hi Rich

I have the smaller W8 SE+ speakers which are basically a little brother of the W11 but retain a similar set of components.

The speakers are fabulous with acoustic and classical music in particular - vibrant, rich tonality with an amazingly deep 3-D soundstage and great timing. The bass and mid range are astounding in terms of depth and realism with a natural but not harsh top end - the high frequencies are not as extended as other designs so if you like techno I would not go for these speakers. there ability to reproduce vocals and string instruments in particular is mesmerising

For me the speakers were love at first listen. I visited my dealer intending to audition and purchase Manger P7s. On the off chance I asked to listed to the Boenicke's and quite simply burst out laughing when they started playing - I have never heard a speaker quite like them.

They are current hungry and I run Devialet 800 - dual mono amplifier producing 800 w in 8 ohms and have the Devialet SAM profile turned on. TH takes the bass down to 23Hz! I use HiDiamond 8 cable which is a nice match

The W8's are perfect for my small 18ft x 15 ft room. I was advised that the W11's would over power my room and need a lot of space.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Is there a hidiamond dealer in the USA?  I'm interested in their speaker cables.
Thx, Ken
@rubinken - Apparently they have no current distribution in the US or Canada. Used to be a Canadian distributor that handled all of North America but that was several years ago and he no longer deals with the line. http://www.hidiamond.eu/eng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=163&Itemid=219&lang=en