Bob Dylan - new album just out on Tidal - Rough and Rowdy Ways

Just a heads up. Bob’s new album is out on Tidal today. Just finished my first listen - I am a big fan of Bob Dylan - I consider him the Poet of my generation - at 79 his lyrics tell beautiful stories - IMO. Enjoy the music.

Happy Listening!
tom8999
I've been listening to this album for a couple of weeks on Tidal and have gone to not liking it that much to liking it a lot.  The vinyl just came out today so I bought it.  Special gold vinyl indie store exclusive at that.  I'm excited to sit down with it tonight.  
As for his voice, he has more character in his voice than almost any other singer out there.  Some records are much more listenable to me than others.  Ironically, his late-career records are some of my favorites.  

snackeyp,

'Ironically, his late-career records are some of my favorites.'

Love and Theft                 2001
Tempest                            2012
Rough and Rowdy Ways 2020

In my opinion these 3 are amongst his best ever studio albums. The only career hiatus I think was that decade between Street Legal (78) and Oh Mercy (89). 

Springsteen, once again is the only other artist that springs to mind as a comparison for both quality and longevity. 

Quite unusual really, as most of his rivals tended to barely have a golden creative period for a decade at best.

Somehow, despite everything, Dylan's defied the odds. Only he may know how.
@cd318

I don't have Tempest.  I will check that one out.

Time Out Of Mind is also very high on my list.  
Please, also include Modern Times, its one of the very best.  Really is.  
snackeyp,

Yes, great albums both. Different but share that Dylan trademark of awesome closing tracks as on many of his best albums eg, 'It's All Over Now, Baby Blue', 'Desolation Row', 'Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands', 'Sara', 'Sugar Baby' etc.

Time Out of Mind is near perfect. 'Not Dark Yet' could break your heart.

rpeluso,

I probably need to give Modern Times a few more spins. Maybe 2001s  Love and Theft had raised my expectations a bit too high. 

I remember I couldn't latch on to any of the songs immediately the way I could with Murder Most Foul, Crossing the Rubicon, Black Rider etc. 

I think I was also listening to at the same time as Morrissey's Ringleader of the Tormentors which was a little more immediate back then. 

Sometimes a good way for me to know if I'm going to like something is to play it in the car a few times. I don't like playing originals in the car so I'll rip a copy especially.