Bob Dylan, have an opinion?

Would love to hear your comments on the man. Good, bad or indifferent. Is he rocks most influential artist? Is he a musical and poetic genius? What are your favorite albums, songs, and concerts. Cornfedboy, ya got any good Dylan stories?
brulee

Showing 3 responses by mg123

A couple of these responses crack me up. Now, I am not trying to be nasty, just anecdotal. My father was visitng me this weekend. He is 83 and not too quick any more. He looked at my hifi (about a kazillion $ at this point) and asked me to put on "something nice". I put on an Eric Clapton cd which received the response: "he has such a bad voice, why do you like him?" Oh well.
Oops ... I forgot to mention: I think Dylan is wonderful. He is one of the great singer/songwriters of the last 30 years. Even when is not singing about something important to me I still love to listen to how he sings his songs. There is a special passion in his crappy voice.
Dekay: Yes, I put on Lou Rawls (At Last), Dinana Krall Love Songs), and Carrie Smith (Confessin' the Blues) to bring out his smile.