Bob Carver tube amps

Hello, looking for Carver amp info the read out there is a little sketchy. Is that place still in business? And who is actually making the amps? Do the have a factory in the Pacific Northwest….I live in the Pacific Northwest so I could drive there if I had a problem.

I need a tube amp for my Klipsch speakers, you tube heads out there is this the brand I should buy or is there a better option?

I can still remember in the 70s when my father in law went to the factory and grabbed me a Phase Linear amp and preamp off the factory floor..I had more problems with that thing, once and a while it made a super load pop when you turned it on..

silverfoxvtx1800

+3 On Quicksilver Amps. The Silver 60 Mono Amps or Horn Mono Amps are great. 😎

Mike

I too have read all the negative press about the recent Carver offerings. If that’s all I had to go on, I’d probably shy away also.

But my experience with the Crimson 275 says something different. A few years ago I bought a pair of Spatial Audio X3s. The amp I had at the time was a Decware Torii II. As much as I loved that amp, and I did love it, it would not drive the X3s sufficiently. Enter the 275. It did a wonderful job driving those speakers effortlessly. I had zero complaints with the performance of that amp.

Speakers and amp are long gone, but I wanted to share  what I heard. I would constantly shake my head at how that tiny little light fly weight amp could sound as good as it did.

I just read two recent reviews in Audio Science review..it was horrible with two amps.. he even found a loose screw in the box

And worse. They documented that the actual power output of the 275 was a small fraction of the published "spec."

As for the OP's choices, he might consider a Pass power amp and a tube preamp.

@silverfoxvtx1800 -- an additional note -- you didn't say which Carver amp you were looking at, nor what your budget or power needs are. However, this summper I bought an LSA VT-70 for $1,300 and it is an excellent amp.  EL34 output tubes and 35 watts per channel. You say you have Klipsch speakers (but didn't indicate which model) but I suspect the VT-70 might be more than enough for your needs. I've posted a short review elsewhere in the amps-preamps section of this forum.  I think LSA is out of stock for this item right now but expecting another shipment here in the near future.

Obviously, disregard my post if you are headed in a different direction.

The speakers are Klipsch Forte IVs, looking at Horn Mono Quicksilver amplifier. Don’t remember the exact Carver amp I was looking at probably the one putting out the least watts.I just tried to go to the Carver online site, it keep telling me it doesn’t exist.