Blusound app for Windows, upgrade issues

So I use this for my NAC C658. All works great until a new version is released. The unit itself upgrades fine, but installing the latest version (the windows control app) causes a freeze half way into the install. The last upgrade, they gave me a private direct dl link, after a week of no reply then another week of explaining their upgrade doesn't work on windows. Apparently I was speaking Sanskrit as they were baffled. New ver released a few days ago, and I'm going through it all again. 
Anyhoots, anyone having success with this?
128x128zufan
Disabling the firewall for the install didn't fix it, alas. 

The green bar indicating install progress goes half way, and never further. 
I had the same issue two months ago (Windows 10). Started a ticket, got the direct full install file and was listening to music again in less than one hour. So in my case they resolved it quickly. What bothers me is that they have known for some time about this problem and haven’t fixed it in the regular installation  package.
Exactly. Anyhoots here's the current direct dl link for windows 10.
Full support message: 
--
Please download the desktop controller found here - https://lenbrook.sharefile.com/d-s563594ea88d4c509

Download it and place it on your desktop, unzip it and you should have a folder labelled BluOS controller.

Afterwords, open the BluOS controller.exe in this folder and the BluOS controller should open for you.

We apologize the install isn't completing for you, however the above should help with receiving the latest BluOS controller.

Including the above, I've been discussing this with the software development team and we have some suggestions for you.

• Uninstall the app via the Uninstall section on your Windows computer - if it shows up that is, either way next step
  • delete AppData/Roaming/BluOS Controller - you'll need to enable hidden files on your desktop for this step - https://www.technipages.com/show-hidden-files-windows
  • delete C:/BluOS Controller (if this exists)
  • install the app without admin

If it doesn’t work, repeat the steps above but install the app *with* admin by right clicking, run as Adminstrator