Bluesound Vault 2 vs NAD Masters Series M502

Looking into ripping my cd's to a music server and the above 2  servers have been recommended to me.
 The Bluesound comes in at $1200.00 and the NAD at $3995.00.  Note neither product allows ripping from a SACD onto the server. Disappointing. Is the DAC in the NAD far superior to the DAC in the Bluesound?
Has anyone have experience with the above 2 servers to help me make a decision?

Thank you. 
128x128kjl1065

Showing 1 response by mahler123

OP
the two products that you are looking at are both made by the same manufacturer—NAD.  I have the Vault2 and am not familiar with the M502 but I believe that all NAD servers use the same control app, namely the Blue OS.
i would have a hard time believing that the M502 is worth 4 times the cost of the Vault2.
   The DAC in the Vault2 isn’t anything special, and I have always used it with external DACs.  If you have a DAC that you like, save the money  that you would be blowing on the M502.  If you don’t have a DAC, I would still get the Vault2, spend perhaps $2K on a really good DAC, and still have an extra grand to spend on Music., or perhaps a Roon subscription.
  My experience with servers, computer based or otherwise, shows that the quality of the the playback experience is largely determined by the quality of the playback app.  Since the 2 players that you are looking at use the same app, I would go for the cheaper product