BlueSound Stinks(!), anyone?

I am looking for your help.  We recently switched from Sonos to BlueSound to get higher streaming rates.  So far we have had consistent problems and issues(!!).  Specifically, about 50% of the time my and my wife's BlueSound app does not recognize the Node 2i's.  When I delete the app, reinstall it and reconnect the Nodes, we again have the same problems at least 50% of the time.  It is simply a joke of a product and I find we are not alone.  I have tried just about everything.

Also, when I go online to get help, I find that I am not alone and there is a tsunami of negative (to the degree of very hostile) comments about BlueSound and for the most part it is the same issue.  I have tried just about everything and I am about to simply trash/sell mine and go back to Sonos.  If I do go back to Sonos, I will also leave a stream of bad comments on every forum I can since going back to Sonos will represent a big financial loss to me simply because Bluesound is an irresponsible/deceptive company at my expense.

Alternatively, I just want it to reliably work.  Do you you have and advice and/or guidance to get Bluesound to reliably work?  Is there a better alternative to to get higher bit rates thank Bluesound?

Thank you in advance for your help.  Dave

butterman

Showing 1 response by musicfan2349

If I may? I too originally had bad experiences with the Node2i. Bad connectivity to the internet, the decommissioned Apple i6 I use couldn’t find it, etc. I was thinking it would be "plug and play" however it is not. Like any other component, it takes proper setup and dialing in to work its best. I did the following: 1) As mine is not hardwired I made sure it gets the best wifi signal I can give it. I got a wifi extender for my livingroom and it’s configured such that the only thing that connects to it is the Node2i. That was a big improvement right there. 2) I raised the Node2i’s location in my cabinet so that the wifi has a better line of sight not only to the wifi extender but for its internal hotspot to the phone I use. 3) I keep it updated. Bluesound regularly releases new software. It’s best to keep it up to date. With just those minor adjustments to the setup, it’s been very much better. Occasionally the phone will drop its connection but it reconnects on its own rather quickly. I like that I stream from Amazon, my own library of ripped music or use Pandora via BT. I think for the $500 it was a good purchase for me.
Happy listening!