Bluesound Node2 with outboard DAC

I love the Node2 and was wondering if anyone uses it with an outboard dac for improved sonics. If I added a 2 or 3k dac would the Node2 limit it's performance or would I be better off with a streamer/dac at around 3.5k used? Thanks.

joeyfed55

FYI, Have the current Node with Google Mesh wifi (older version) and the new Google Nest mesh. Flawless connection and no issues. I use an external DAC.

Joshindc has an issue but a mesh network does not seem like the culprit. Maybe a network or Node configuration problem.

Everyone has different hearing, components, different room listening atmosphere … can you really tell the difference ?

only God knows

I use multiple Node2i's and run my main system through a McIntosh MCD500 (also plays CD's and SACD's). Sophisticated DAC in the that the MCD500 utilizes the ESS Sabre Reference 8-channel D/A converter in Stereo Quad Balanced mode. This basically means the DAC signal path is balanced twice. Perfect for me.

I run a 2i with a Wyred4sound DAC1LE with femto clock upgrade in my main system. A 2 with an April Music Stello DA100 signature in my secondary system. I found external DACs can have a huge improvement in sound quality.