Bluesound Node 2i Question

Just bought and set-up a Node 2i.  Set-up was real a pain, but after that, it works great and sounds pretty good.  My question is about streaming. We set it up with BluOS on an Ipad.  The Node is connected directly to my amp via analog RCA.

Is the music streaming from my router to the Node, or is it streaming from my Ipad to the Node?    I would have expected to enter my router password, and this was not required in the set-up process.
tbevan
Depends on your setup. If you using an ethernet cable then no wifi password necessary. Also if you are using bluetooth or airplay you are streaming from the ipad to the node. 
Streams from the router to the Node.  iPad is just for control.  Example, select an album on Tidal, turn the iPad off, music continues playing.
OP

clear as mud, huh?  Both of the above responses are correct, even though they seem contradictory.  Are you using Wi Fi, or Ethernet?
And are you using Bluetooth or Airplay?
Post removed 
There are a few ways you can set up the node so I will try and clarify my previous post.

First in order to stream from a NAS or online music services such as Tidal, Deezer etc, you must connect to the internet. You can do this by hard wired Ethernet from your router or wirelessly in which case you will need to enter your wifi info and password.

If you wish to use Spotify, the app is not built in to the Node like Tidal but you can utilize Spotify Connect. This requires wifi, but it will hand the stream off to the Node. However you still have to open the Spotify app separately fromthe BluOS app to control it. 

All other music services not supported by Bluesound and or music stored on a device you would use Airplay or Bluetooth.

For Airplay and Bluetooth the stream is casting from your device to the Node, no wifi connection is necessary. This is a nice feature that I did not think I would need until rolling blizzards knocked out our internet. I have an Ipad with it’s own unlimited data plan so I was able to stream from my music services as well as music I have stored on it. Very handy.

Hope this answers some questions.