Bluesound node 2i question

Thanks in advance everyone !  Ready to buy one of these so I called a store in town to see if they have it in stock.  The sales person asked about my router/modem and I told him I use the router supplied by my internet carrier: Century Link.  When I told him I would be connecting to it via WiFi the salesman proceeded to tell me that I would have drop-outs and other issues I really didn’t understand...I’m a newbie to this as I’ve collected records for decades.  My question:  is anybody using a bluesound node 2i with the basic set-up received from your internet carrier ?  How does it work ?  He obviously could have gone ahead and sold me one, so his warning has slowed me to a stop...
stereo i plan on using it with:
Mesa Tigris amp
coincident conquest speakers

oh, and. I still love my Allnic 1201 phono pre and Funk LSD turntable..😏
wb27
Out of curiosity I just ran a speed test using my D-Link DIR-890L wireless router and the one in my Crapcast (Xfinity) router.  The D-Link was 68 mbps and the Crapcast was 26 at the location where my Bluesound is.  Mine is only about 15 feet away from the router.  It's possible you could have problems. 

I've found that the only time I have dropouts seems to be with Radio Paradise.  I stream hi-res Qobuz and Tidal as well as FLAC files from my computer to that Bluesound as well as the one in my bedroom which is about 25-30 feet away with no issues.  I also watch 4K TV shows on Netflix on my Roku with no issues.

I have a wireless repeater in the bedroom and a wireless access point for the one in my living room.  Neither of those are too difficult to setup. 

Your main problem may be that you're on DSL.  My girlfriend is on Centurylink and even from the wired modem her download speed is only about 5 or 6 mbps if I remember right, while I get 70 from Comcast.  

You should be able to download an app for your phone or tablet to test your wireless speed.  I use Meteor for Android.  There are many others.  You could also just consider getting a long ethernet cable.
I have a Node 2i, it works very well with my WiFi. I recently upgraded my router and modem to gigabit (I prefer separates) level, but that was more for streaming video. Never had a single hiccup with the Node on my 5 year old Netgear equipment. My router and modem are in the basement, the Node 2i has been used all over the first floor.
I also upgraded my service to 500 Mbps.