Bluesound Node 2i , Azur 851n or ...

I’m building a streaming system to compliment my Ascend Sierra 2 speakers and Odyssey Kismet in Khartago amplifier. 

Bluesound Node 2i ? Used Cambridge Azur 851n ? Used Sony Hap-z1es ? Others?

I would like to control the system using an iPhone or iPad and don’t want to use a computer. 

I’m looking most especially for ultimate SQ (MQA? DSD? Etc.) via Tidal, Deezer and Apple Music and/or hard drive (but not having to use a separate computer). 

I think that I may eventually add an external dac such as PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC etc. 

I will also probably eventually add a tube preamp such as Odyssey Candela etc. and probably also (rather soon) add a subwoofer by Rythmik etc. 

Would a connection via AirPlay 2 and Ethernet be my best option and if so, is there a easy way to use a second router and / or modem so that I don’t have to run a twenty foot run of Ethernet chord? 

Finally, I have listed similar posts in the past but still don’t know exactly which way to go regarding this , so , please no roasting me! Ha 

thanks!!! 
bacchus1234

Showing 2 responses by bacchus1234

Mahler123 - I’m basing the Airplay 2 with Ethernet (Airplay 2 from iPhone to Muso which is connected to router with Ethernet) off of how I currently use my Naim Muso. I was really skeptical upon the advice of Naim regarding this but it really does give the best SQ by far at least with the Muso. Perhaps the superiority of that setup is just Unique to the Muso? 
It looks as if I have several options on used / open box units available other than the Node 2i that are not too terribly more expensive probably around 800.00 to 1100. Although I’m all about spending less money, in the big scheme of things it’s not all that much more if it would add considerable utility and SQ. 

One big question I have is how (or how not) an external hard drive connection would work with the Node 2i etc and also,  what really is the advantage of adding one anyway?
 It appears as if , for instance, the Azur 851n allows and external hard drive to be easily added by just plugging into it. Again though, what exactly is the advantage to this especially from a SQ angle? DSD? How would (or would not) later adding a better DAC affect this? Finally, how would a tube (or SS)  preamp affect things? 

Can an anyone please help me sort these things out? 

Thanks again!