Bluesound Node (2021) PS upgrade to Teddy Pardo; is it worth it?

Hi guys, 

I was toying with upgrading my Bluesound Node (2021) power supply with the Teddy Pardo upgrade kit; around £400 with shipping to UK.

I was wondering if anyone here has done this, and was there a significant improvement to SQ?

I don't use the DAC in my Node, I use a Denafrips Ares II; with this in mind, would the TP upgrade be worth the money, or would I be better off putting the money aside and going for an upgrade to the Node further down the line i.e. a dedicated, stand alone streamer?

Thanks very much
128x128painter24

Showing 5 responses by curiousjim

@jetter 

Hey jetter,

I sent them an email asking what power supply I needed to go with the PD Creative board for the N130 and they said they had nothing 110 volts and told me to contact S Booster. I believe the 2i is a 7 volt system, so maybe you’ll have better luck.  I’m not sure what country you in, but that’s all I know. 

All the best.

JD

I know I’m late, but has anyone compared the PD Creative psu to the Pardo psu on the Node N130?

PD currently doesn’t have a power supply for the US and suggested I get a S Booster, so Pardo would be the easiest to get, but…

Thanks

Hi @painter24 

What power supply did you buy? I’m looking at the Pardo and it’s huge.

thanks.

jd

@painter24 

I was afraid you were going to say that.  PD doesn’t have a PSU for 110 volts. As I mentioned before, they suggested I get their board and the PSU from S Booster. 
I just can’t pull the plug. 

Thanks.

The TP power supply for the Node N130 is now $475 plus $70 to the US and you don’t need the PD board. It comes with a wire harness that plugs in where the Node’s ps board was and has a plate to make it look like it belongs.