BlueSound Node 2 - connect to pre-amp direct or to Oppo UDP-205 and then to pre-amp

Basically what is the best path.  I am assuming the Oppo DAC is superior to the BlueSound built in.  Thank you
dcaudio

Showing 2 responses by theo

I bought the Node2 a few months ago to better the sound over the Sonos, which it did. at the time I was using a Rega DAC. However I did for about a week run Node2 directly to PreAmp and it was much better than the Sonos. And thru the Rega DAC it followed suit. I recently traded the Rega in for a Chord Cutest.
Sorry I took the long way around your question, so yes the Oppo should sound better, I also have the Oppo Bd105 but have chosen a separate stand alone DAC.

mr_m, I never got to try the Codex , although I was attracted to it, just never pursued it. I would love to try the newer Ayre DACs, but budget didn’t have it at the time I bought the Cutest. As mentioned it provided the sound I wanted and was much more pleasing than my previous DAC. Sorry I couldn’t give you a better answer. But should you get a chance to make the comparison, I would like hear your findings.