Bluesound installed DAC - music killer?

Ever throw a sheet over your speakers?  Sure sounded like this to me when I began using bluesound.  Soooo disappointing.   So it will be resigned to a streamer after a new DAC arrives.
emergingsoul
@three_easy_payments the old Sonos connect for just 250,-? Does everything the bluesound does but is just a little bit less premium finish.
Absolute sound article.  Not much about bluesound dac.

i am comparing bs dac to the marantz 5014 avr.  And that may be not be so good as well.

Will have a lot more to say after new dac arrives, tomorrow.

@sjeesjie

@three_easy_payments the old Sonos connect for just 250,-? Does everything the bluesound does but is just a little bit less premium finish.

I haven't looked at the Sonos platform in some time but I didn't think it supported hi-res audio.  I could be wrong but if I'm not that's a massive difference.
Like @jmphotography I too bought a chord qutest.... Can't recommend enough. As he said the most musical presentation I have heard. Also did an upgrade on the bluesound 2i with new board and power supply. So good that it trumped my linn klimax streamer that I sold it which paid for the bluesound and upgrade and qutest twice over.