Blues /rock: music recommendations?

I find that I really enjoy rock/pop that involves a lot of crossover into BLUES. I like all Dire Straits, but particularly "Brothers in Arms," as well as the Moody Blues. The CD I am currently listening to the most frequently is Steve Winwood's latest, "About Time," which exhibits strong blues influences.
There must be a number of other fine recordings in this rock/blues "genre", (if it qualifies as such!) that I am not aware of. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Steve
bigpowerballs
Thanks, everyone. I am enjoying jj kale and also the arc angels,and will continue to explore others you recommended.
I looked at the current top "blues albums" list, and was surprised by the name at the top of the list--John Mellencamp! Yup, good ole' Johnny Cougar. It's called 'Trouble No More." I highly recommend it, but then I've always liked John. I've seen him live in concert a number of times.
Thanks
Gary MOORE ....Blues for Greenie
Gary MOORE ....Still got the Blues
Allman Brothers..Hittin the Note
In so far as the first two choices are concerned I find them HIGHLY musical and listenable over the long haul...The Allman Brothers CD has been gracing my CD Player for about the last two months - they're back being fronted by two outstanding guitarists namely Warren HAYNES and Derek TRUCKS. (and Greg ALLMAN's vocals aren't too shabby either)
Wow! reading these recommendations is like looking through my own record collection. If you all like everything so far you'll love these artists Jack Semple,(canadian guitar genius!) Storyville and a nuther canuk band Big Sugar
After listening to Steve Winwoods new album,which I think is a very groovy album, i would recommend just about anything by Steely Dan, some 1970's Gino Vanelli, maybe Sade
and the Album "Slow Down" by Keb Mo...none of these artist are what you'd call blues/rock maybe blues/jazz/funk with some Latin grooves thrown in???
Boz Scaggs' first album - with Duane Allman - has a 13 minute jam track "Loan Me a Dime" with an extended guitar duel with Duane on lead. This album is one of my all time favorites.