Blues "must have, top 100" list?

Anyone know of any "must have, top 100" type blues lists?
I just worked my way through a similar Jazz list, and found some incredible tunes.

Thanks,

Ed
edumke

Showing 2 responses by surfgod

Heres the truth.
Listen to live 365.com. select your own top 100 since the Blues is so diverse. If you don't want to do that, select by label, yes label. 1) Excello, Lightin slim, Lazy Lester, Slim harpo etc. 2) Flyright all of the Jay Miller legends in blues series. Best sound quality around. 3) Blue Horizon, all of Fleetwood Mac, Chicken Shack, Otis Spann, Eddie Boyd etc.4) Alligator, cheap & good. Rooster Blues, Red Lightin, Charley, all labels that will produce winners, Delmark, Get a turntable if you don't have one
Some of my favorite blues are swamp blues. Originally on the excello label, their reissues are easy to find and are perhaps some of the best mono recordings around. This is due to recording genius Jay miller. Also, look at the flyright label. The artists include, Lightin Slim, Slim Harpo, Lazy Lester, Silas Hogan. Go to the Arhoolie website and pick up a CD Lousiana Blues. British Blues, Old Fleetwood Mac, and many others on the Blue Horizon label. Pick up the Blue Horizon Box set with the early Fleetwood Mac albums.
Other artists in the Chicago Blues class, Magic Slim, Earl & his cousin John Hooker, Tinsley Ellis, Walter Trout, etc. If you really want a good selection to choose from, listen to online radio 'live365.com Select the blues and the many categories the stations play. You are your best judge.