Blue Circle DAC BC501

Recently I had an opportunity to listen to the Blue Circle Audio BC501 DAC. This was NOT an extended listening session, but I really liked it and was overall impressed with the sound. Very smooth and analog like presentation with no hints of digital brightness at all(at least that's what I thought). Very good sounding unit!!! What puzzles me though is the fact that I can not find any discussions that mention this DAC nor there are any reviews. Anyone owns this dac? Anyone heard this dac at a demo/show room? What do you think about it? Is it a good performer? Just curious to see what people think about this DAC prior to any reviews showing up. Any thoughts?
128x128audphile1

Showing 1 response by esoxhntr

The Blue Circle DAC is an excellent performer. There was indeed a discussion of it on the Blue Circle Forum. It can take a relatively inexpensive transport or CD player and turn it into an allstar. I had tremendous results driving a Musical Fidelity A3 CD player through it. It wasn't as good as driving my Wadia transport through it, but it was close enough that it was indeed noteworthy.

The BC501 DAC is a relatively new product from Blue Circle, and has not yet made "the rounds", but you will probably hear much more about it as it gets exposure. Also, since Blue Circle is known mostly for amplification products, other things they do tend to get ignored a bit.