Blu-ray Battle: Marantz BD8002 vs BD7004

Has anyone compared the Marantz BD8002 against the new BD7004? I'm curious if the video processor of the BD8002 can still hold it's own.

It might be worth picking up this discontinued model purely for the picture quality. I think I can live w/o network/ethernet (BD-Live, instant updates...).
sakahara

Showing 4 responses by mitch4t

Get the BD8002. It has the REALTA processor that makes for a stunning picture. Only the new BD9004 at $6,000 has the REALTA processor, the rest of the new Marantz lineup doesn't have it. The BD8002 can be had brand new for about $1k or less. I paid $2k for mine and I still consider it a steal. Especially now becuse now if you want that same REALTA processor, you've got to fork over $6k for the new flagship model. If picture quality is what you're after, this one's a no-brainer.
Congrats on your purchase. It will only get better. On some movies, your jaw will drop because the images will be so vivid....you'll forget about the plot. Enjoy.
Ok, I just couldn't resist saying this, but, 'I TOLD YOU SO!'

I knew you would fall in love with this player.
Sakahar, have you tried your Reimyo dac with the BD 8002 as a cd player? I'm curious as to how it would sound.