Blown bass driver B&W 805N

The part # is zz11460. I am hoping someone here might have one for sale. The price from B&W has doubled in the past two years. That just rubs me the wrong way.
baffled

Showing 3 responses by baffled

Trelja......I have followed your posts here for years and am grateful for your suggestion. Hoping for an economical rebuild courtesy of Bill at Millersound.net.
I have to admit that I was blissfully happy with the 129.00 price from B&W in 2010. Considering what these speakers cost new, I thought 129.00 was a gift from God in 2010. Considering an almost 100% increase in price 1.5 years later, does not inspire confidence. The B&W rep said we price them according to what we have to pay for the most recent batch.
First, I thought B&W made their own drivers. True or not, I would assume some consistency in pricing. Either way, I am convinced there is no aftermarket equal avavailable. Unless someone here comes up with a deal on a direct replacement,I'm likely to pony up for the real deal.
Disclaimer........this discrepency along with my maturing golden ear have me questioning the whole B&W thing anyway. I recently sold my 800N's in search of the holy grail. Yeah, I am obviously as sick as the rest of you!
I did not know the voice coil could be replaced. I'm certain that is what my speaker needs. Thanks for that!