Blow dryer causes audible buzz from power amps in two audio systems...

but only at one speed.  My wife's hair blow dryer causes the amps in both my bedroom system and family room system to audibly buzz.  It only causes the buzz when the blow dryer is on its low fan speed.  Strange.  The bedroom system is close to the master bathroom, where she uses the blow dryer.  But the family room is on the other end of the house and I assume on a completely different circuit.  Now, it does not cause any problem with the audio that the amps are producing.  It is just an audible buzz you can hear coming from the amp. Does this mean there is something wrong with the wiring in my house?  The house was built in 1987.
mtrot
Sounds like you have it down to two choices- get rid of the hair dryer
or the wife. Your choice.

millercarbon:

"Appears no one so far has ever wired a house or paid much attention to how its wired."

Is there anything you haven't done or not an expert at? 

Thanks much for all the replies!  It's really not a big deal for me; I just thought it was interesting and wanted to get some opinions on the issue.  I did wonder why the buzz only occurred when the drier was on its low fan speed.

Yeah, she doesn't dry her hair that often, so I just don't run the systems while she is using the drier, which is a rather expensive one.  No other device in the house causes the amps to produce any buzz or hum whatsoever.