Blind fold hearing test

How many of you could be blind folded or put in a room in total darkness and know what kind of speaker amp and preamp are being used. Another words if u came blind folded in my listening room could u tell I was using a Krell amp a ARC pre and B&W speakers? Not necessarily the models but more or less the brands. I would be the first to say for me it would be no. Would love to see how many of you could. Should be interesting. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
I realize that this is somewhat off topic but I have to relate a story about identifying different brands of a product, in this case beer. I used to work in the malting industry (malt is the main ingredient in beer). I attended a conference of brewing people who all knew beer very well. Budweiser, Miller, Coors, Pabst, Rainier, Olympia, Henry's, and a few other brands were represented as well as folks from the hops industry. Most of the people in the room (including me) had been through formal taste training. There were about 30 people there. One of the sponsors put together a taste-test to see if we could identify the various brands of regular American beer. I think there were 7 or 8 beers in the test.

The people from the brewing companies all said that they could absolutely identify their own brand of beer and likely the others. There was even a few side bets between competitor friends.

These experts totally bombed this test. Nobody got more than two of of them right. The only beer that was consistently identified was Henry's, due to its distinctive hop flavor. The vast majority of the tasters could not identify their own brand of beer.

To say that this shocked the group is an understatement. My point is that blind testing tends to slay even the most accomplished experts.
@8th-note, now that is surprising.

I guess that until the differences become as large as those between Pepsi (smoother) and Coke (harsher/ more bite) we're just deceiving ourselves, or  shooting in the dark in you prefer a pun. 
I absolutely refuse to get sucked into another blind testing debate but suffice it to say if blind testing was such a critical thing don’t you think, gentle readers, that amplifier designers and speaker designers would employ blind testing to obtain optimum results? Of course, nobody does as far as I know, well, maybe one.
Nonoise
“I’ll trust my own, five, senses, thank you.”

One sense we don’t have is to stay out of threads that have no real porpoise 🐬.
Doubt if I could tell the difference unless it was side by side. Glad I have not spent a $150,000 on sound system that in blind test I couldn't tell from a $1500 system. Did one of these tests on you tube to see how far my hearing has gone south. Used to shoot guns, go to live rock concerts and operate heavy equipment in a mill. At age 74 my hearing goes from about 22 Hz to 4000 Khz.