Black Cat Cable's/Coppertone wires are amazing good!

I had recently borrowed from Mike Kay (Audio Archon), who is a retailer of Black Cat Cables, a full loom of the entry level Coppertone IC's and speaker wire.  The Coppertone IC's retail for $200 a pair and a ten foot run of the speaker wire costs $350.  Damn reasonable, indeed.  The materials and quality of build is as good as any cable I have had in my house for review, regardless of cost.  If you want all the details regarding the theory behind these wires you can go to the Black Cat Cable website and read the four superlative reviews on the Coppertone model.

The first aspect that strike me was the beauty of this cable at producing beautiful timbres and colors in the tonality of different instruments.  Next, was a vanishing noise floor that allowed the smallest micro-details to be clearly heard. The Coppertone loom was very balanced throughout all frequencies with an excellent airy top end and a taut/accurate bottom end. Sound-staging was excellent in height/width/depth and layering/placement of individual instruments was precise in this acoustic space.

Finally, the Coppertone cables took my whole system's ability to render a sense of relaxation/ease without out losing any speed, micro-dynamics, or punch was at a higher level then compared to my reference cables.  I have always had a very high level of liquidity in my system.  However, these wires are not just "silky" in their overall presentation, but allowed me to relax into the music and connect with it in an emotional manner that was quite delightful.

Please remember the Coppertone cables are not just good for the money, but are reference level performers that compete with cables that are dramatically more expensive. 

teajay
Teajay are they connected to your ps? How do they compare to the cables we listened on your ps, those cables do have black background and holographic characteristics..
Hey Teajay - Many thanks for the mini-review, didn't expect that...but I'm sure Chris will smile :o)