Biwired-Dunlavy V- Bass reduced why?

I got these new cables (one each hi and low pass) that hooked up to my Dunlavy V 's for the very first time. While mid and highs are improved few nothces, bass qty (actually quality at first impession is quite good) reduced dramatically.

Could you expalin Why? Do need Jumpers also?

thx

Nil
nilthepill
i suggest you try a jumpered, single-wire configuration with your new cables and see if that makes any difference in the bass. This means you put the jumpers in and connect both + leads to one of the speaker's + terminals and both - leads to one of the - terminals. This should help you diagnose whether it is the cable or the biwiring that is giving you less bass than you used to have.

Your experience with trying just the one set at a time and not getting any sound at all is curious.
Nil
As Bob mentions cables do have a break in time .....

On a second line of thought are the speaker cables the only change made recently to your system?

Maybe in the meantime you can change speaker position to "recover" some bass if willing to wait for the break in period and hope for the best.
Regards
Try using one set of cables with the jumper. If it's the same problem, it may be that the cables are built that way. Some may call them defective....

Try using your old cables on the low pass.

This is the way that I have mine set up: Anti-Cables go to low and high pass. 99.9% pure silver cables go to high pass. It gives me the best of both worlds.

Good luck!
Single wire with jumpers OR biwire without. Using jumpers defeat the purpose of biwiring. Like 9RW says biwiring is just a more direct signal and there is less curcuitry for the signal to travel through. Just a suggestion but you should do a search on the Behringer DEQ 2496 in these forums. It is an inexpensive EQ/ room corrector with a ton of features. I use one and it took my sound to a whole new level. It'll run you around 400-450USD with the mic. It will make a HUGE difference.

Larry
Thanks Drubin, Sol322 , Themadplatter and Nuguy for more suggestions/diagnostics. I will try out each.

I have changed out all the ICs (phono-pream, transport-DAC-preamp,preamp-amp) with the same make which I am extremely happy with so far. Even the speaker cables that am discussing in this thread also from same make and as I said earlier otherwisw produces sound that I did not think was possible. Except for this bass suck out at 50-60 hz. I should give it more time since both my analogue and digital source produces comparable (quite a fit) sound!! My mind is telling me something good happening with these cables and am trying to understand/read in to this new found warm but transparent bass performance. Strings are sounding oh so wonderful. Acoustic bass is very warm ( CGR like) but with enough definition up mids and uptop details. That 50 hz deep is noticable, for example when I play 'thump thump' music and there is not enough 'thump'.

I will give it enough time since i think I have a good thing going here. I will talk to the cable co designer tomorrow whoes cables(ics) have lived up to more than its reputation and the designer himself has gracefully helped me out thus far.

The lesson I learned from this experience is that I do believe that no one should skimp out on cables and like th cable thread 'double your pleasure' documents you do eliminate lot of funny stuff when you use one make and model cables. Even different model from same cable, IMO, skews things. If you have not got the right cables , you are missing out your other components performance potential.

Anyway Thanks all. I will keep you posted and reveal the cables/IC make soon.