binaural microphone question

Ive created a binaural microphone using 2 microphones placed on either side of a styrofoam ball (painted black and sealed, it's a really nice setup) but I cant finish it yet because I am unsure of how to connect the two microphone wires together to create the binaural effect when recording. Is there an adapter I can buy that would take 2 seperate mic inputs and blend them into one? Thanks for the assistance :)
platinumsupremef779

Showing 2 responses by platinumsupremef779

This sound card is awesome though, so I would prefer to not need a new one. I'll just have to look around for a nice cheap stereo preamp I guess :) As I dont always plan to be sitting at my PC when im recording sounds :)
Thanks for the reply :) Ive gotten the mics now connected to a stereo jack but I now have another problem. I need to record into the Line-In jack on my computer since the Mic port is only mono, this presents a big problem. The mics only produce a few Milivolts of power and about 1+ volts is needed for the line-in jack to "hear" anything at all. I was looking at portable pre-amps and most are rather expensive ($50+usd with a few in the $30usd range). Is there a way, via software on my computer, to boost the signal that the Line-In jack hears? Im using an Audigy 2 sound card :)

Thanks again!