Bill Legall-MillerSound speaker driver repair

I just wanted to share a wonderful experience I had with Bill Legall from Millersound with everyone.

I had purchased a pair of pretty rare, no longer made, (the company is gone) full range, single driver speakers from a guy and knew going in that he had damaged one of the drivers by hooking up an amp that was emitting a little bit of DC in one channel. Needless to say, it completely froze the driver solid.

I was told that these weren’t repairable and were really designed to be replaced and not repaired. Enter Bill and Millersound. I told him what happened and he said he could surely fix it, but it might not a “perfectionist” job because of the custom nature of the driver. I told him that knowing his reputation, they would probably be as close to perfect as possible.

Well, I just got the driver back and I was wrong. This thing IS PERFECT! I mean you can’t tell it from the other original driver and it sounds SUPERB!!

I, (along with several others) have recommended Bill many times here on this forum, but I have never needed his services, until now. Man, am I glad I took my own advice. If anyone needs a speaker repaired I give Bill and Millersound my highest recommendation.

He has my business forever…
128x128mofimadness

Showing 1 response by bp7000sc

I have also used Bill. I have a pair of Krell LAT 1 speakers. I had a preamp serviced locally what a mistake hooked everything up turned it on and smoked all six 8 inch woofers. Contacted Scan Speak and everyone I could for months, no replacement speakers new or used available anywhere. I was referred to Miller sound from 2 different companies in  search of new or used speakers. When I contacted him he was a perfect gentleman I sent my speakers to him within two weeks I had them back and Thay looked perfect  could not tell they were repaired in any way. He used all the original material on the speakers and they sound every bit as good if not better then the second pair of LAT 1s I have. I am so thankful to Bill and Miller Sound for saving my speakers. You’re a Gem.  Many thanks Bill. Russell.