Big, big room -- which 10-20k speakers?

I just moved into a house in which my listening room will be about 35 x 35 with 17-foot ceilings, with double-story double-pane glass windows on two sides. I will be running a Luxman 509u intergrated amp, a Sony XA777ES, and a Luxman PD371 with a Miyajima Shilabe. Cables are a mix of old Nordost Valhala and newer Kubala-Sosna Emotion. I know it all seems fragmented but I just moved back to the US after a decade living in Tokyo so these are bits and pieces assembled over there.

I am considering a variety of used speakers that can be purchased for 10-20k, namely the Revel Ultima Salons 2s, Rockport Mira Grand II, Aerial Accoustics 20T (I should mention I had 10Ts in the 90s and loved them) and YG Anat Studio II.

I'd love any thoughts on which speakers would perform best in the room given it's size and reflectivity, and given my rather odd electronics. Thanks very much for your advice!
rr999

Showing 4 responses by rr999

Thanks so much everyone: there's an a great amount of info here to parse through and I'll spend the next few hours researching everyone's suggestions.

One feature that attracted me to the YGs was that they incorporate active amplification for the woofers. Has anyone heard these in a large room?
I'd also love any thoughts from the community on Wilson Sashas or any other speakers that might do well in a big room in that (used) price range.
Thanks so much everyone. I am now more confused than ever! I especially appreciated P59teitel's extensive discussion of the pros and cons of each speaker I had put forward. I'll also explore some of the other suggestions kindly proffered. I'll make sure to post back with an update later.
What terrific feedback! Thanks so much everyone for your help with this.

In answer to a few of the questions asked above:
- I have fairly eclectic musical tastes. I listen to old folk and country (think Bascomb Lamar Lunsford and Ralph Stanley), jazz (Jarrett, Monk), rock (Pixies, Patti Smith, M.I.A, the Dead.), symphonic classical, opera, world (mainly Japanese since I lived there for so long, and Brazilian of the quasi-jazzlike Milton Nascimiento variety). I really would not want to have my system be a major impediment to listening to any type of music

- My normal listening position will be about 12-15 feet from the front wall (which is actually windows) and slightly off-center. We will also use the room for entertaining a few times a month so being able to fill the room with low to moderate volume music would be useful

I am totally unfamiliar with horns. Would something like Avantgarde Trios with subwoofers be a good approach? I'm a bit concerned about the bass module crossover, and soundstaging

Thanks again for the advice! I've already spent hours searching the web trying to form a view on everyone's recommendations.