Biamping help needed

My system consists of older Harman Kardon equipment. My preamp has two sets of outs. My power amps which are 2x100 watts can be bridged mono for 1x200 watts. I am driving B&W CM4 speakers. I currently am set-up in a vertical biamp configuration, which means I use 1 amp to power 1 speaker. I have been told that this is the best set-up when using identical amps.
I am currently looking to purchase a package of cable from Virtual Dynamics. I am wondering if I need to purchase 2 pairs of speaker cable to continue the current set-up or if I should purchase 1 set of biwired speaker cable and run the amps in bridged mono.
I believe the end result of doing this would be to free up one of the outs on the preamp, cut down the cost of speaker cable and interconnects (I think I would only need 1 set of interconnects the red IC going to one amp and the white IC going to the other). Are there any sound advantages or disadvantages to running the system through bridged mono amps and therefore having to use biwired speaker cable as opposed to 2 sets of speaker cable? Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
audioman999

Showing 1 response by audioman999

Thank you for the responses. I will have to borrow a set of bi-wired cables and try in bridged mono mode and try with a single amp to see what the differences are.

I am thinking of selling my two Harman Kardon PA220's (2x100 watts each) and purchasing a higher quality 100 or 200 watt amp. Does anyone have any recommendations in the $1500-2000 range?
Thank you