Bi wiring v single run w jumpers

Back when I worked in the audio biz speakers had one set of terminals. Now most have two sets for bi amping or biwiring Last I checked most people do not bi amp and not many bi wire. Also jumpers all sound different and if you use the top terminals it sounds different then the bottom. Also is the top running the tweetrer or the mid and tweeter? That is another variable HATE IT.

I have three choices here. The speaker really does not matter as I want to be consistant when compaing these 3 sets of speakers.

1) Analysis plus Oval 9 with jumpers
2) Analysis plus Oval 9 with the terminals inside the speaker between the high and low connected operates like a normal 2 terminal speaker
3) Analysis plus Oval 12 bi wire.
Thoughts?? Thanks
128x128geph0007

Showing 4 responses by geph0007

OK let me ask this One run of AP Oval 9 with jumpers or bi wire (two runs) or Oval 12? I did try this on one set where I could not tie things together inside. The biwire seemed more open and slightly relaxed. Voices where more vertical With the single run of 9 I felt like I was looking at the floor where voices were coming from, so to speak. More airy
Zd 542 I know which one runs what drivers My point was it is just another issue . In other words if the top just drives the tweeter I would be inclined to go to the bottom but if the top drives the mid and tweeter i would put my cables to the top as it wwould have more effect on what I hear. Under 250HZ is more feel then anything

3)Connecting the + conductor to the top terminal and the - conductor to the bottom terminal. Some users here have actually reported that to be preferable to the previous two sub-options.

This is one I see in pictures and am wondering what it really does??
Good stuff I have the oval 9 (newer version ) I have owned for 3 years I owned the original from 2001 to 2011. I think the original my be more pleasing to me even though the newer version has sharper images/
I am on loan with the bi wire oval 12. If we were comparing bi wire and single runs of the same cable ie Oval 9 I would think that would be a no brainer going to the bi wire but we are talking one size of bi wire and one size of single hence the question. It was touched on by one of you.
I am trying to compare these three sets of speakers on an even playing field That is why the issue is brough up.