Bi Wire cables for B W 805N

I am looking for suggestions on a Bi-Wire cable for my 805's
My Amp is a Linn Klout and pre-amp is a BAT VK 30 SE. The 805's run full range with a Velodyne HGS-12.
ck

Showing 1 response by dem

I have owned three different cables in both bi-wire or shotgun configurations which all worked very nicely with my 805N's(used with a REL Stadium II, ARC LS25 and VT100MKII). Initially I used AQ Sterling Plus, and then switched to Harmonic Tech Pro-9 Plus's. The HT Pro-9's were markedly better in soundstaging depth and width, and in top/bottom extension. (The AQ Sterlings did have a warmer midrange than the HT's.)As much as I liked the HT's,I had a chance to audition several interconnects and speaker cables from Acoustice Zen. (I believe the A. Zen designer Robert Lee formerly designed cables with Harmonic Tech.)The Acoustic Zen shotgun Satori speaker cables were an across-the-board improvement. Most noticable is a remarkable 3D presentation of images within a much larger soundstage than I had ever heard before in my system. Also, the frequency extremes are quite a bit more extended, and the top-end presents a silky, liquid quality even on CD's that had always had an edge before. I was really amazed at the performance of these cables and ended up buying both the Acoustic Zen speaker cables and interconnects. Good luck and enjoy your search!