Bi-Amplifying Speakers using two B&K Sonata Ex 442

Active Crossovers from what I have read are the best approach to bi-amping because you don't share the amplifiers power between the speakers drivers. I believe I may have figured out a way to bi-amp using a passive approach but still gaining the benefits of the active crossover. By using two B&K Sonatas and a preamplifier that has two rca outs I will be able to give a full 200 watts to each of the drivers gaining the benefits of active bi-amping. The B&K Sonata incorporates two power transformers, one for each channel, at 200 watts each. By connecting both the preamplifier's right rca outputs to the inputs on one of the amplifiers I could then power it's hi/mid drivers with the amps right channel input and the woofer with the amplifiers left channel input. The fact that the preamplifier's right channels are going to this amp would mean all drivers are receiver right channel information each at the full 200 watts. The other speaker would be driven similarly by the other amplifier but using the left channels from the preamplifier. The end result would be a full 200 watts to all of the hi/mid drivers and the full 200 watts to the woofers. This would give all the benefits of an active crossover but handled through the speaker's crossover in a passive way, no need for the external active crossover. Does this make sense and will I be gaining the active crossovers benefits as I believe I will?
axo0oxa

Showing 1 response by zd542