Bi-Amplification advice

Hello, I have some questions about this process. I am getting quite a lot of different opinions on this subject and hope that anyone reading this can give me some advice. I have: McCormack DNA-1 Dlx. McCormack ALD-1 Dlx. w/ E.S.P. Resolution Audio CD-55 Von Schweikert VR4 Gen. II Rega 25 All interconnects are by Luminous Audio Tech. Power Cords by T.G.Audio. I have been told numerous ways of achieving this set-up. Some have said that an external electronic crossover would need to be introduced into the equation thus necessitating the need to diconnect the internal crossovers from low to mid-high, directing one Amp. for lows the other for mid-high. Others have said to use one Amp. for the lows and the other for the mid-high's without an external crossover. Still others have said to use one Amp. for each side, as in a Mono set-up, without bridging. There is the added scenerio of Tubes for the mid-high and S.S. for the lows. What began as a project of fun and curiosity has grown into full scale confusion. I have been an avent audiophile for some time and have owned a lot of equip. over the years. I have a chance to purchase another DNA-1 Dlx. at a good price and I have wanted to try Bi-Amplifying. Any "sound advice" out there?
elvin

Showing 1 response by jwstannese647

I have read all great things about bi-amping as well. I'm in the same boat as you trying to figure which way to go. The fun of the idea is gone. I posted a question a little over a week ago you can check out. If I get info from some where else I'll let you know. Please contact me if you get something new. Thanks Joe