Bi-amping with DEQX active crossover

I am thinking about using a DEQX HDP-4 to bi-amp a pair of Wilson Watt Puppy 6's. I have agreed a price to buy a Class D Primare A34.2 amp with 150w which I could use for the woofers and then use my existing Class A mono's for the mid and tweeter. I will probably use a DEQX consultant to come and help set it up. I would be grateful for any advice and answers to the following questions.

1. Is this a good/bad idea? Wilson do not advocate bi-amping but they may have their own agenda.

2. Can anyone advise on the natural crossover for WWP's passive crossover circuit? What levels should I use for the high and low pass filters?  I have emailed Wilson but they have not responded and I doubt they will release this info.

Thanks for your help..

soma70
@soma70,

What are your existing Class A mono amps? 

From my experience, biampimg different amp brands often don’t produce desired results. I am currently using a Class D / Tube amp setup without an external crossover. It wasn’t easy and against all odds I have managed to mate the two amps in perfect harmony. 

More details / advise to follow once we know the spec of your Class A monoblocks. 

I hope @almarg chime in here, he was a tremendous help to me. 
Thank you, Lalit. Glad I was helpful.

Soma70, I see in your system description thread that you already have the DEQX HDP-4 in your system, and that your present monoblock amplifiers are Xindak XA8800MNEs, described as "200w (8ohm) / (400w/ 4ohm), Class A to 60w then A/B," the nominal impedance of the speaker being 4 ohms.

I’m not familiar with the differences between your WP6 and the WP7 for which Stereophile has provided measurements, but I note that the low frequency crossover point of the WP7 is specified as 125 Hz, and per the measurements its mid/tweeter section appears to significantly contribute to the overall response down to the vicinity of 60 Hz or so. And I see in the Soundstage review of the WP6 that its crossover is described as first order, which adds to my suspicion that the frequency range handled by its mid/tweeter section extends well into the deep bass region.

As you no doubt realize the capabilities of a DEQX can do a good job of minimizing or eliminating a number of issues that can otherwise arise when biamping. But given the foregoing the mid/tweeter section of the speaker and the amplifier powering it would still have to handle a considerable majority of the musical energy that is required most of the time, so I’m not sure that the biamping arrangement you are considering would accomplish very much, considering also the very substantial 4 ohm power capability of your existing amps. While at the same time it might introduce possible new issues, to the extent that the two amps have differing intrinsic sonic characters, as Lalit alluded to.

BTW, as you may have seen in the "Is DEQX a Game-Changer" thread, I am a happy owner of an HDP-5, using it in conjunction with a single amp and a single pair of speakers running full-range.

In any event, good luck however you decide to proceed. Regards,
-- Al

Thank you to all for your considered responses and advice. Almarg I very much appreciate the equipment research you have undertaken on my behalf. Taking all the advice together, it would seem that the benefits may be limited and the implementation could be tricky. I will think it over. Thanks again this is exactly the sort of advice I needed. 
It sounds like you are not getting rid of the built in crossover, just providing some controllable external crossover point and manipulate equalization. I am not sure it will improve sound unless you think the current speakers sound very bad. Problems with matching amplifiers has already been pointed out. I am not against equalization if done correctly, DEQX is as good as you can do for the money.
Thanks Giri. The WWP’s have two separate binding posts connected via an external cable so the two sections (woofer & mid/tweeter) can be separated. I Thought this would mean that one passive crossover would be by-passed, however,  I have no idea how they are constructed so you may be right.

I am going to drop the bi-amping idea with thanks to everyone for steering me away from this.