Bi-amping with 2 Rotel RB-1070.

How do I bi-amp using 2 Rotel RB-1070 amps with one RC-1070 pre? I do not want to bridge the amps. I need to know in detail how to run the interconnects. I envision one amp per speaker - 1 channel for bass, 1 channel for mids/highs. All comments/suggestions welcomed. Thanks.
miner42

Showing 1 response by ecg5757

I have the same setup as you Eldartford except I am using to RB1090's and the RB1095 for the bi-amped center and both rear surrounds.
I went to my local Hi-Fi dealer ( Doug Wilson) and he made 3 "Y" connectors for me(front l&r and center). They are made 2 meters long and the split at the RCA coming from the pre-pro. This way you don't introduce another connection in the stream.
This setup is VERY powerful and you do not need any other crossovers since you have the power to amplify all the unused signals, you will probly never use the capablities of these amps in this configuration with average resistance speakers. The crossovers in your speakers will and should keep any undesired singnals from going to the incorrect driver. This is what they are designed to do.

Eddie