Bi-amping B&W Nautilus 802's?

I am thinking of bi-amping my Nautilus 802's. I am currently driving them with a Krell 300i integrated, but this is not enough power and is a little sterile sounding as well. Any advice from those who have experience with bi-amping or with the B&W 802's?
bwyoung
Don't mean to crash the thread but I am very interested in bi amping .

My speakers are Tyler acoustic dx 1s . 90 db efficient .
Speakers have 4 8 inch bass drivers 2 7 inch midrange and a seas excel tweeter in each enclosure.
I am running them in a home theater and 2 channel set up .
Currently using a Cary v 12 r tube amp for mains .
50 watts triode and 100 watts ultra linear .

While I like the sound of the Cary it does not bring the bass alive .

Looking for suggestions for amps to try and very curious how to implement the Rane eq as mentioned .
I am also using an Integra dtc 9.8 pre pro .This does help with the bass by allowing me to run my subs with room correction .

My subs are 2 18.2 Chase home theater sealed subs with a Suntron MQ 600 amp .

I have read the Cary paper about using another v 12 r in a vertical bi amp configuration . I don't think I want to add more tubes with the cost associated and the heat with summer coming around the corner.

I would like some bass slam out of these speakers and of course get the best sound as possible .
Are you using only the passive crossover for the biamp and are you using a y adapter from L/R processor outputs to the amp inputs? There is so much ruckus on the forums about active crossovers and folks get really rude about it where I would prefer to hear from some with the experience of what they have done versus their opinion from an article.

I appreciate any and all kind responses.
I am beginning this process with Revel Salons and Bryston 7B-STs through Rane PE-17 EQs (same as JRAWWAS above). I would like recommendations for the high frequency amp (current thoughts: Bryston 4B-ST or Levinson 334). I am also interested in thoughts on cabling. Does the length of the interconnect and speaker cables need to be identical for both signal paths? Or is matching the total length of wire of both interconnect and speaker all that is required? Also, I have a choice of running interconnects from concurrent outputs (rca and xlr) from my Proceed PAV/DSD for the highs and lows or using a xlr y adapter. Which is generally preferable? Thanks.
I USE KRELL FPB 300C WORKS WELL. EVEN FPB600C WOULD WORK WELL. 802'S NEED LOT OF POWER AS THE LOAD DROPS TO 4 OHMS. IF BI AMPING BEST TO USE SAME AMPS FOR COMPATABILITY. ALSO LOOK AT DEDICATED POWER LINE, KRELL RECOMMENDS THIS. I USE A 30 AMP LINE FOR CLEAN POWER. ALSO LOOK AT SHOTGUN BI WIRE FOR MAX CURRENT DELIVERY.
freind has 802n and bi amps with bryston.his main music is jazz and rock .so power was his concern also he is very happy and the sound is great.audition if you can .the krell is a good amp to start with so don't trade power for sweetness.
Bi-amping is the way to go. The easiest way is if your preamp has two sets of pre-outs, and use one amp for each speaker. I would stay away from tube amps altogether for that speaker, but that is my prejudiced opinion. People that like tubes like distortion. Remember to keep the length of all interconnects the same to the amps to keep the gain the same. Also remember that one great amp will out perform two lesser amps used for bi-amping. If you want to get complicated, you could do something along the lines that Jrawwas above suggests, but he's making it sound a little too easy. And why add more to the chain than is necessary? If budget is no problem, I'd just get the most powerful Krell or Levinson I could and bi-wire. Good luck, and happy listening!
KAV-300i is not enough power for the N802's. If you want to Bi-amp you have to worry about matching the amp's sensitivity and gain. What i would do is to get a single powerful amp or maybe a pair of the same amp for Bi-amping if you wish. I heard the N802 with Krell FBP600c and it sounded stunning! These power hungry speakers just need a lot of juice to drive them.
My humble suggestion is to use a solid state amp. to drive the woofers and a low powered good quality tube amp. or tube monoblocks to drive the midrange and the tweeter. The solid state amp. does not need to be Krell and certainly not an integrated amp. You can use a good quality solid state amp. like Bryston or Parasound which can be obtained in the used market for $1000 or so. Invest your money in a good tube preamp and tube monoblocks. In this configuration, you will get the slam and tight bass of the solid state amp. and the sweetness and finesse of tubes on your midrange. Ideally, you should equalize the bass with an equalizer such as a Rane unit ( $700) and take measurements using a spectrum analyzer to ensure linearity of the frequency spectrum. The rane unit has knobs to adjust the overall bass level as well for optimal results. The sound that you get is better than with a 100 Mark Levinsons put together. I use this configuration with excellent results in driving my B&W 801s.
your krell does not have enough power to drive these babies i aslo have a pair of 802N's i am driving them with the Levinson 335 (250 watts/ch 8 ohms)...sound is out of this world...but to tell u the truth i believe the levinson 336 (350 watts) would be better...bi-amping is good but not with the Krell 300i... the 802N's need lots of good clean power period to sound their best