Bi-Amp Basics - NHT 29s

Ok, I think I know what to do here, but I wanted to get thoughts and opinions. I have a decent but dated NHT theater system consisting of 2.9 fronts, AC2 center, and HDP2 Surrounds. I am looking to improve the front sound state by upgrading to a new amp that will drive all five speakers, but using this new amp for only the top end of the 2.9 fronts, and utilizing my current amp to drive the bottom. To get this done, I need an RCA spliter to send the same signal to both amps, and then wire each amp to either the upper posts, or the lower posts (Correct)?

Just checking...

Anyone care to recommend a 5-channel for the NHT system (Upper only on the 2.9s), and a 2-channel for the bottom of the 2.9s?
jbryngelson

Showing 1 response by rodman99999

Follow Markruss' advice of using an active crossover to bi-amp. Power amps w/o active filtering MUST have matched gain AND sensitivity to provide an accurate frequency response when used to bi-amp(or at least input attenuators). An active crossover will give you the ability/flexibility to balance whatever power amps you choose with one another.