Beyond Ayre Pass and Rowland

What would it be? Transistor or Hybrid. This is a general discussion.
I heard that Gryphon and Ypsilon qualify but I didn't audition either. Lamm hybrid does too, I believe.
inna
Symphonic Line would certainly be in the mix as well. Not a well known brand but their Kraftwerk line is definitely something to consider as well. While not cheap it is not a King’s ransom either relative to some of the astronomical prices of the top tier players.
agree! their amps are really superb. Pricey but yet more affordable than dartzeel, FM Acoustics, Gryphon, Ypsilon, Lamm, etc.
I think i saw an ad for an used FM Acoustics Model 115 mono for $66,000!! wow!
" Like a water.." - great metaphor and probably highest compliment.
It does appear that Gryphon has enough of the dark side of Scandinavian psyche, and Ypsilon is Greek at its best.
Thank you. Which one would I choose based only on your description? After some struggle - Ypsilon.
Thank you. Which one would I choose based only on your description? After some struggle - Ypsilon.
welcome!
The Ypsilon mono amp i heard was the SET 100 Ultimate Hybrid amp, 120W/ch. Errrr..............it's priced at $125,000 per pair!!!

http://www.aaudioimports.com/ShowProduct.asp?hProduct=130

Inna, did you hit the jackpot??
No no no, it's a dream. They now have a modest $25k hybrid integrated, this might be possible in the future, though for this kind of money used Lamm separates would probably be better, but I would have to compare.