Beware of PayPal fees

I live in Israel. I have recently purchased an audio item from Europe. I agreed with the seller that I would pay his PayPal fees. When I checked initially about the fees I read something like 3.4%. To my astonishment they charged him (me) 5.2% with all sorts of extra fees. Beware!      
taviran
This is a bit off the beaten path but I am planing to upgrade and this means selling a piece of gear .I have not made a transaction on agon for a few years with paypal.My question is does paypal send out 1099's for money earned from equipment sales.Thanks!
PayPal held  my 3000 euros because of arrogant buyer´s dispute on eBay.
My business AND my money without warning just froze for an unknown period of time. I had to fight 5 weeks for my money. Finally they admitted it was not my fault at all.

PayPal is the biggest scam artist there. We are all a happy family there until THEY screw you.

eBay and PayPal will never ever again play games with me.
I hated paypal so much that all 4 of my business online stopped accepting payments through this scamming company.  For Small transactions outside of ebay its fine to use. I stopped shopping on Ebay strictly due to Paypal and how they govern whos right and wrong.
Paypal is real GARBAGE don't use it why make somebody else(jerks) rich keep on truckin!!