Beware How I was ripped off

A while back I saw an add posted for some Tannoy drivers that I was interested in. I opened some dialogue and ended up purchasing them. The seller was "audiosource", Paul Berger, and did have a few transctions with positive feedback. On the phone he said he was opening a store in Poland for hifi. He said he could not do paypal and I had to do bank transfer. Due to the positive feedbacks I decided to go through with it. Lo and behold a few months go by and I have not recieved my speakers. He is very reassuring stating that they are going by boat and it takes a long time. Finally we get to the point were he promises to refund. Unfortunately he never does and doesn't respond to any more emails. Lesson learnt I will never send bank transfer again. Do not purchase anything form this scammer!
analogluvr

Showing 3 responses by zd542

Wiring money is very risky. There's almost no protection if something goes wrong. Its not something that can be undone.

"01-29-15: Pmotz
Truly sad, but don't assume PayPal will cover you. I got ripped off by someone a few years back and used PayPal. When I contacted them they said the payee had already removed the money from the account so they couldn't do anything. I don't know if the policy has changed but I don't trust PayPal that much!"

I can definitely confirm that one, too. "We don't know what happened. We just know that its not our fault. Thank you for calling PayPal. Our goal today was to provide an exceptional customer service experience. Have we met our goal?". Sound familiar?

Its situations like this, its always better to use someone else’s money, like a credit card. For some reason, they seem to do a more thorough investigation when something goes wrong. I wonder why?
Dkarmeli,

That's incredible. Reading your post, it looks like you are in Canada. I don't know what the laws are there, but if you were in the US, you could go after paypal, and possible recover some, if not all of your money. At the very least, your goods should be returned to you because once paypal issued a return to the buyer, the goods are yours again. They can't keep both the money and the goods. That's stealing.
"01-29-15: Schipo
Dkarmeli that story just sounds to fishy to my ears...If what you say is true? All of us would be purchasing 25k speaker systems, and putting in false claims while burning the candle at both ends keeping the gear and cash...there's more to that story..."

That's what you would do and you're calling him fishy? My monitor stinks just from reading your post. Well, at least we know now, not to do business with you.