Better than the Project Carbon TT for $ 500.00

I sold my Rega P3-24 and Ortofon. I have remaining about 18 favorite LPs, and don't expect to buy more. I was recommended the Project Carbon T/T with Ortofon 2M Red cartridge to occasionally play the few LPs I have left and are in decent condition The Project Carbon is currently on sale by few internet dealer for $399.00

I am curious that for $100-$150 more what would you recommend for a table/cartridge package or separate table and cartridge that would be a step up from the Project Carbon. Really would prefer to stay at $500.00, but am open to suggestion. Please no black bases and plinths!!

BTW, I realize there may not be a step-up from the Project for so little money. Thanks
sunnyjim

Showing 3 responses by lowrider57

Project Carbon TT with Ortofon 2M Blue is a step up. Maybe
add a Project Speedbox.
The Project Carbon is a best buy.
Also what are you using for a phonostage?
Totally agree w/ Johnnyb. How do you know you'll never want to buy another record, especially when you have a nice sounding analogue system?

Debut Carbon DC...The first thing Pro-Ject did was to give the Debut Carbon (DC) a new power supply with a precision built-in frequency generator (like their Speed Box)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cMxWCe3sJAd/p_252DBCDCGR/Pro-Ject-Debut-Carbon-DC-Gloss-Red.html
Wolf...good storage practices; low humidity, records stacked vertically? Or is it that we worry too much about the longevity of a vinyl record?