Better stands for Spendor SP100?

Has anyone tried a different stand for the SP100's,other than the 4 point stand that is normally used w/this speaker? I was thinking of one that could be filled w/lead or sand, and then some bluetack-paper to better couple to the floor.Any ideas?
rickeyjunior
yes,i'm a metal fabricator and built stands that would hold up a building!!their 23 inches tall and weigh in at a whopping 100 lbs.yep thats 100 lbs each w/o sand or lead!i have em sitting on brass spikes.painted them satin black, truley a work of art.sp100s kick ass with mc275gow reissue and c22 reissue mr71 and a mcd7007 bi wired with balanced inter.if interested in a pair get in touch.by the way you can fill these stands
I am using the Mapleshade Quadrapier stands for my S100s. They are maple and have large cones to couple them to the floor, I much prefer them to the original stands, which were , in fact, made by Sound Anchor. Mapleshade also has some low stands which I intend to try but haven't yet. They also have a return policy, take a look at their website. I am using the S100s and SP1s and they are not similar in size. I assume that the SP100s are the size of the S100s There was a recent article in HI-FI News [Aug. 2002] about the resonance patterns in metal stands, even tho the ones tested weighed over 30 kg. each and were filled with sand and lead they still had resonance problems. I don't know if this is the reason that the wood sounds better but to me it does and is better looking also.
Stan
My strong recommendation for Spendor speaker stands is Sound Anchor. Heavy steel, spiked, rock-solid, beautifully made. I have a pair under my Spendor SP1/2E speakers (similar in size to the SP100's), and they work great.

Jim